Taraz was founded more than two thousand years ago. Throughout history, Taraz was famous as a city of artisans and trade.
It is one of the most ancient Kazakh cities with a developed culture. For centuries, it was the most beautiful city in the entire Asian region. The highest of its prosperity it reached during the 10 – 12 centuries when it was ruled by the Karakhanids.
Archaeological excavations prove that during this period there was built a water supply system with a system of ceramic pipes, a complex of baths, a mint, and paved streets. The city has survived many raids, wars and kept secrets, amazing love stories, and is the cradle of Islamic culture in Kazakhstan.
Taraz was sung in his works by the greatest poets of the middle ages-Hafiz, Omar Khayyam, Rumi and others. The Great Silk Road contributed to the development of the city. During this period, canals were stretched in Taraz, handicraft centers were founded, temples and Palace complexes were built. Along with the caravans came pilgrims, poets and cultural figures, educators, artisans, passing on the national traditions of their peoples. In those days, material and spiritual values were the subject of a lively exchange. Modern Taraz has preserved these traditions.
That is why, once again, Taraz will host the largest fashion project in Asia, ASPARA FASHION WEEK, which is a platform for cooperation of many specialists not only in the field of fashion industry, Handicrafts, but also culture.
The purpose of the ASPARA FASHION WEEK
- Realization of cultural, aesthetic, and cognitive values of the Zhambyl region and the city of Taraz through the organization of the largest Asian fashion project ASPARA FASHION WEEK.
- Promote the development of the tourism cluster in the city of Taraz and the region as a whole, through advertising in foreign and domestic media.
- Creating the image of Taraz as a cultural oasis and the center of the fashion industry in Kazakhstan and Central Asia as a whole.
- Creating branding and promoting the image of the city of Taraz, the ethnic and cultural complex “KONE-Taraz” to the international level.
- Creating high-quality regional content in the field of fashion, style, and beauty industry.
- Stimulating the cult of knowledge and awareness of competitiveness in The global fashion industry among young Kazakhstani designers.
- Excursions to places of historical monuments of the city, photo and video shooting of models and guests, advertising of participants in social networks.
- Implementation of the idea: holding the “ASPARA FASHION WEEK” as part of the “Ruhani-Zhangyru” program-modernization of public consciousness.
- The goal Of the international fashion week “ASPARA FASHION WEEK – is to enter world markets.