Head Chef Steve Smith of Michelin starred Bohemia Bar and Restaurant has shared his delicious recipe for a Jersey Royal, smoked eel, and nasturtium salad with mustard dressing, which serves four.
Steve Smith offers a variety of local, fresh produce in all of his dishes at Bohemia. The majority of ingredients such as the famous Jersey Royal Potato are locally sourced from the island of Jersey. Steve has created a truly outstanding dining experience with his ingredient and flavour driven tasting menus at Bohemia.
Ingredients (to serve 4)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of grain mustard
1 table spoon of chardonnay vinegar
20 large jersey royals cooked
4 fillets of smoked Eel
1 tbspn of mayonnaise
1 table spoon of chopped chives
20 nasturtium leaves or flowers
A few pieces of mustard cress
- To make the mustard dressing, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, and vinegar. Season to taste and pour over the 12 whole Jersey royals. Keep aside 8 Jersey royals and lightly crush these for the potato salad.
- Trim and cut the smoked eel into neat rectangles – you should end up with 12 pieces.
- Chop the eel trimmings and place into a bowl for the potato salad.
- Add the 8 reserved royals, mayo and chives, mix together season to taste (you may also add a little lemon juice.)
- Take four good size plates and arrange the items (including the nasturtium leaves and mustard cress) as per the photo. Use this as a guide.
Steve Smith is one of the world’s most distinguished chefs. Steve Smith has won a Michelin Star five times and has held a Michelin star for over 20 years. Bohemia is the only Michelin starred restaurant in the Channel Islands. The restaurant currently holds five AA rosettes and has been ranked as the 11th best restaurant in the whole of the UK by the Good Food Guide 2018. Bohemia is the only restaurant in the Channel Islands to be featured, and outranks some of the most famous restaurants cementing Bohemia firmly on the international culinary map.