It was a great pleasure in meeting the singer song writer Jethro Sheeran during his album launch party “Cornerstone” in Embargo Chelsea – London .
We had a lovely chat with the warm hearted talented young man. He open up and told us about his music – background – new projects and personal life experiences.
FACTS ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Hip-hop and urban pop artist known as Alonestar who won Best Male Artist and Best Urban Song awards at the Exposure Music Awards. He released an EP titled Warrior.
He worked as a model at storm model agency and acted in a worldwide Coca-Cola commercial as well as two Prada campaigns and a Calvin Klein campaign.
He has collaborated with other artists such as Rosie Ribbons, Ja Ja Soze, The Game and Lifford and appeared in Sylvester Stallone’s movie Judge Dread.
He was born in Bristol and later moved to London, England. He has a daughter named Skyla Rain Sheeran.
He is the cousin of Ed Sheeran who he has worked on multiple songs with since they were young. Ed was featured smashing a car in Alonestar’s video Skyla Rain…. (Read more in: http://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/jethro-sheeran.html)
Please could you tell us about your background and how it leads to the work you do today?
1) I’m originally from Bristol so I grew up there and was heavily influenced by the music scene growing up by the likes of Massive attack, Roni size. Portishead, Smith and Mighty and generally bass heavy fusion music. I always loved hip hop, trip hop and Drum and bass, Dubstep Bristol is very well known for these genres and I picked it up from a young age and traveled a lot and ended up in Trinidad so some of my music has a West Indian influence a Caribbean pulse and has fused into what it is today.
Where are you base?
2) I’m based all over, I travel and work so much I spend most of my time in Bristol and Brixton London and work out of the Dairy studios with my Awesome Engineer / producer Roy merchant.
I also go to France a lot to an apartment on the beach to wrote and get away for a few weeks / months. I love it there and have written and produced some of my best music alone there.
How would you describe your work to someone who hasn’t seen it before?
3) Jethro ALONESTAR Sheerans SOUND IS A ” hypnotic sound darkly sensual and cinematic fusion of hip-hop / trip hop rhythms, soulful melodies, dub grooves, and choice samples with global features from artist from all over the globe”
Who else it’s behind your brand?
4) Behind me is mainly Myself ” Alonestar” hence the name, I write and produce mostly alone and started it alone, I’ve worked so hard over the years and NOW have a small team that work alongside me, after most my music has been written I hit the studio with my music partner Roy Merchant and we put it all in Pro Tools we have a team of live instrument players and singers and get them in for sessions.
I also have Baby Kokos working on my PR; Lisa Screen is on my team with social media and dealing with fans, Radio etc. and a great management team. I’m also very lucky to have an amazing lawyer Talya Shalsom at SGD law.
What or who has been the biggest singular influence on your work
5) My daughter and my anxiety. My daughter was taken from me to another country without consent when she was 3 years old and it broke me and I went into a huge depression for years and had terrible anxiety, I really had to question my mental health at the time.
You can hear this in my music at that time, my songs “Skyla Rain”, “Men In white coats” and “Dark Days” reflect my pain.
Which project have you enjoyed working on the most so far?
6) I’ve really loved working on all my ep’s , singles and my new album “Cornerstone” I’d say this album is my best work and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it, it’s out for pre order now with 5 tracks instant download but its full release is on my birthday – January 24th 2016.
Who has been the most famous person you have work?
7) Id have to say my cousin ED SHEERAN we’ve released 8 songs together.
Ed sold more records than anyone on the planet last year and has broken so many records and recently sold out Wembley 90,000 people a night for 3 nights, it was amazing to watch after seeing him in my studio record.
Find more about Jethro :
and for international media FABUK MEDIA & USA GLAM