Virtual Japan Pavilion at the Cannes Marché du Film Online Events to Include Talk Sessions with Official Selection 2020 Directors Naomi Kawase and Koji Fukada Monday, June 22 through Friday, June 26th
As part of its initiative to promote Japanese films internationally, the Agency for Cultural Affairs will host a virtual version of the Japan Pavilion, operated by UNIJAPAN, in this year’s market component (Marché du Film Online) of the Cannes Film Festival. The Cannes Film Festival was cancelled this year due to the COVID-19 outbreak. For the very first time, the Marché du Film is being held completely online.
The virtual Japan Pavilion will function as a hub to connect Japanese and international industry members while providing information about new Japanese films, film festivals to be held in Japan, and Japanese film commissions. It will also host special talk sessions with two filmmakers whose films were selected for the Cannes Film Festival Official Selection 2020: Naomi Kawase, director and writer of True Mothers (produced by Kino Films), and Koji Fukada, director of The Real Thing (produced by Nagoya Broadcasting Network). The sessions will be streamed live.
Dates: Monday, June 22 through Friday, June 26, 2020
- Japanese films in Official Selection for the Cannes Film Festival
- International film festivals to be held in Japan
- Japanese film commissions
- Links to producers participating in Marché du Film Online
- Links to sales agents participating in Marché du Film Online
- List of Japanese films available for market screenings
- Presented by: Agency for Cultural Affairs
- Run by: UNIJAPAN
- In cooperation with: The Japan Film Commission
JAPAN PAVILION outline marchedufilm.online