1) Please, could you tell us about your background and how it leads to the work you do today?
I’m originally from Latvia but the last 7 years I been living in London. I come from an ordinary post-Soviet Union family where no one was related to the arts.
However, I have always been curious about different things, leading me to the world of the arts. I have obtained a degree in textile and interior design and I have also studied drawings & paintings. I’m inclining to paint and portrait on my art pieces abstractedobjects with strong style and characteristics.
2) How would you describe your work to someone who hasn’t seen it before?
My artwork is fractural and abstract – I use colour to illustrate the meaning of my paintings- feelings and objects in mind.
3) Who else it’s behind your brand?
All my artworks are solely done by myself and it is all my inspiration I take from my life experiences.
4) What or who has been the biggest singular influence on your work?My first art exhibition wasin a children’s art school in Latvian. They were showcasing an impressionist art, since then I always been inspired by impressionist artists with an abstract twist.
5) Which project have you enjoyed working on the most so far?One of my favourite artwork is The Adult Fairy Tale. Long ago I read an article in a newspaper about the Grimm brothers they were making a remake of tales and adjusting them for children’s as originally it was for adult. So I found that idea inspiring and painted two pieces to remindadults the world is still a place for fairy-tales.
You can find me: