- The Firle Estate on the South Downs National Park is making history with the launch of a brand-new high-octane motorsport experience for 2022.
- Firle Beacon will take place on 30 and 31 July 2022, offering a first-of-its-kind opportunity for the public to witness everything from Rally, Sprint and Supercars take on this new challenging course.
- The new car festival is the brainchild of Henry Gage, inspired to reinvigorate the Estate’s motorsport heritage.
- 2022 Early Bird Tickets on sale now. Prices from £32.40 for adults | £14.40 for children.
The beautiful rolling hills of the South Downs National Park are set to roar into life next Summer as Firle Beacon, a brand-new motorsport event, opens its gates to petrolheads, car enthusiasts and families for a quintessentially British countryside day out – and invites anybody to take part thanks to public participation and affordable ticket sales, in an event like no other.
Set on the Firle Estate in Sussex, the event will take place against the stunning backdrop of Firle Place, a country house that dates from the time of Henry VIII. The festival will pay homage to the Estate’s rich motorsport heritage by bringing back motorsport for the first time in over 60 years for the public to watch, enjoy and witness something never seen before.
Amateur racers once charged up the Downs in racing contraptions from the end of World War Two until the late 1960’s, including:
- The original ‘Bo Peep’ hill climb, an event officially set up by the Bentley Driver’s Club in 1949 and continued for nearly three decades.
- Firle Bostal, considered the most challenging hill in the UK, but has never been home to professional motorsport. That is, until now.
For the very first time, the event will unite both the history of the Bo-Peep hill climb and present Firle Bostal together, along with Supercar 0-100 mph demonstrations and manufacturer displays, under one motorsport event – all set to the backdrop of Firle Place.
Firle Beacon is proud to capture the spirit of the early races on notoriously challenging roads, combining the latest in technology and speed.
Race applicants will be approved by their licence, and by invitation, creating a thrilling experience for both spectators and drivers, where anyone can take part. From rookies to old timers, it will be a true test of a need for speed and passion for performance.
The event will offer the public full access to view Rally cars dating from Historic to Current day with the latest in vehicle technology, and Supercars.
Key highlights to thrill visitors when the gates open in 2022 includes:
- Standing Quarter Mile 0-100 mph sprint on the drive leading up to Firle Place.
- Supercar Paddock – see over 90 Supercars on display that will take part in the 0-100 mph sprint.
- Rally Paddock – view 120 Vehicles ranging from Historic to Current in addition to a dedicatedBo-Peep paddock celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the event.
- Relax on the lawns and catch the sprint and rally course on large screens.
- Enjoy Locally-Sourced Food and Drink throughout the show ground.
- Meet The Drivers – with no restrictions in an up close and personal experience with machine and driver.
- Firle Village Events – the Ram Public House owned by the Estate will form the central feature for the Saturday evening entertainment and classic street parties.
- Indulge in Retail Therapy on the cricket ground.
Henry Gage said: “We are currently witnessing a revolution in automotive technology. So where better to see the cars of the future zoom along than on the same route as their forbears – up the stunning hills of the South Downs. Firle Park will provide the setting for a glamourous day out with delicious local foods and drink. The drive up to Firle Place will provide the space to get up close to these speed machines and see how fast they can accelerate. It’s sure to be a fresh and exciting event for the community and car enthusiasts alike.”