- How did you get started in acting? What sparked your interests?In the 2019, a young director from Florence after have won a lot of international awards with his short movies decided to do his first feature film. He went around Florence asking young people some adventure he could put in the script.. a friend in common introduce mw to him and after my stories he offered me the second role.. I was never been in front of a camera before but I took it as a game and accepted..
The movie is entitled “Non C’E’ Tempo per gli eroi” (no Time for heroes) and the direcot is Andrea Mugnaini
We shoot all a summer and this is still today the most funny summer I have ever had.
But the thing Sparked my interest was an other one. The movie was selected in an independent festival in Puglia and the director invited me to attend the premiere. I was so scared about it… My role was this man addicted by cocaine, girls, alcohol etc etc and I really hoped to find a young audience who could laugh to watch my performance.. Instead… As soon as I arrived I noticed the cinema was sold out and people was tanding up to watch the movie.. the only problem (that really terrified me) was that the youngest spectator was 75 years old… As soon as the movie finished I got out by the second exit praying, hoping nobody would have recognize me.. suddenly I saw 5 couples of people who came towards me.. one with oxygen mask, an other on a wheelchair and they asked me: “sorry.. are you the actor of the movie?”.. I just answered very embarrassed: “Yes.. but it was just a game… I promise you I won’t do it again fo sure!!!” and they oe by one answered me: “No!!! we came here to you to tell you thank you!!! Because the two hours we watched you on the screen I didn’t think to my polmon pains, to my legs, etc etc..””
So I thought, “WOW!!! Ivo, if you have a way to improve the world in your humble point Is this one: GIVE PEOPLE EMOTIONS!!! Yes because I have never done/Stduied anything to do that.
- What was the biggest challenge playing your role?I try ALWAYS to find something of funny in my characters.. but one time I have done a theater piece where the director worte for me a monologuwe regarding the relationship with my mother… This was the first time I played a not comedy role..
- How were you able to relate to your character? Were they different than you/similar?I tried to put myself in that situation.. with my mother as well.. this was a very intense acting and the audience really got it considering their eyes
- If someone made your life into a movie, who would play you?I really don’t know it.. it will be an honor if anybody could never just considering it
- Favorite actor/actress?I really liked Al Pacino, but also Edward Northon is the best for me
- Favorite movie/film?Rocky 1
- Who inspires you as an actor/actress? Any role models in the industry?Mark Ruffalo
- What made you want to get involved with the film?I opened as well my own production company.. because in Italy to act you need an agency.. to have an agency you should have done some school of acting.. I was overage fio that schools when I realized I wanted to act so at the end I opened my own production company, FilmIn’ Tuscany SRL with my partner Michela Scolari. She showed me this script and I felt in love with it and we decided to try very hard to produce it.. and we did it ACTUALLY!!!
- Do you have any prior experience in the industry?Before Sicilian Holiday yes.. I did ten movies as actor and I produced an other movie and two feature documentary.
- What has your experience in the industry been like?WOW!!! A lot of work.. but with out pain because is what I like most
- What has been your favorite role you’ve played in your career?My first role.. Giulio in the movie “Noin C’è Tempo per gli Eroi” directed by Andrea Mugnaini..
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?I hope to have my family, to be happy, and to be able to do what I love.. I think this is the most beautiful thing a human being could achieve..
- What do you enjoy doing in your freetime?Honestly I don’t have so much freetime, but I really like swim and spend some quality time with my family, father, mother and grandparents
- What can viewers expect from the film?I hope to give them a break from the daily routine and to send their minds in an other planet of simplicity and real value of the life that they are going to disappear very sadly.. And they can realize that the real bauty is in a sunset, or in a flower, or in a simple shy kiss
- What type of audience will enjoy the film?I think and hope every kind of audience could enjoy the film
- What advice can you give to other up and coming actors/actress, or those that are trying to pave a way in the industry?NEVER GIVE UP.. if this is what you want, and you are ready to fight to achieve it, it’s going to happen… But it should a primary need, like the food, or the air… so the question should be: can you live without air? Or without food? So can you live without this? Nowadays it’s also simpler than in the past, we got cameras in the cellular and internet so EVERYONE can do his personal movie and show it to some audience.