The winners specialties for Best Arabs in the World ranged this year (2016) from Science, invention, innovation to art, literature and fashion design. List of the winners included the following:
1. Noureldin Mohamed Abdelaal Ahmed (Egypt) has won “Best Arab Young Innovator in the World 2016” for his creation of the fastest internet on Earth (The parallel network) which exceeds the current internet speed by 32 times and impossible to be hacked.
2. Fawzi Berrahma (Algeria) has won “Best Arab Young Inventor in the World 2016” for his invention or the solar wireless mobile phone charger.
3. Faisal A.W. Haydar Al-Doori (Iraq) won “Best Arab Researcher in the World in English Literature 2016”
4. Khalil Saeed Farag Al-Nobi (Yemen) won “Best Arab Young Leader in the World in Social & Community Development 2016”. Mr Ahmed Samer M. Ebrahim came second.
5. Amal Khela (Morocco) won “Best Arab Young Fashion Designer in the World 2016”
6. Professor Ahmed Zewail (Egypt) won “Best Arab Scientist in the World in Chemistry 2016” Professor Zewail is also a previous Noble Prize Winner in Chemistry.
7. Khaldoun Al Maleh (Syria) won “Best Arab Film Director in the World 2016”
8. Zaha Hadid (Iraq) won Best Arab Architect in the World for 2016.
9. Professor Hazim Al-Daraji (Iraq) won “Best Arab Scientist in the World in Animal Reproductive Biology 2016”
Some of the media which covered the final award ceremony this year included: Alaraby TV, FAB UK, Spectrum Radio / Saout Al Khaleej, TITAN media, Uriel Marketing, Implausible Blog, Hamsa Magazine and Pointlight. Partners and sponsors included: AAA Acountancy, Millennium Hotels, and Charif Design.
The Arabs Group was founded in 2010 by partners Dr Shawkat Spahi-Shoaib (Known as Dr Rami Spahi) and Naz Spahi-Shoaib with the view of awarding Best Arabs around the World. The aim is to recognize and acknowledge the talented Arabs, the Arab achievers, the Arab inventors and across specialities all over the World. The Arabs Group is the only private company around the world which runs the Arab World-Title contests in Fashion, TV & Music, Travel & Tourism, Art and Science as part of The Arabs Group Achievement Awards.
The Arabs Group contest is covered by hundreds of media outlets every year.
As part of The Arabs Group achievement awards final ceremony (Best Arabs in the World contest) this year, its esteemed guests had a chance to meet some of the best Arab talent in the world. The contestants and guests talent and achievements ranged from drawing in the deep sea to creating the fastest internet on Earth, inventing the solar wireless mobile phone charger, finding a vaccine to Alzheimer disease to fashion and jewellery designs.
The Arabs Group hosted also in the same venue (at the beautifully purpose-built glass conservatory) an open art exhibition which was joined by some of the best Arab and International Artists. The likes of Elisabeth Bond, Yasmin Khayyat, Mathew Small, Amal Khella, Infinity Bunce, Dr Amal Milad Zreba, Yasmin Sadeek Tirsn, Nisreen Busbait, Suad Ellaba, Safa Abdulla and others.
From the artists who exhibited was the Saudi Mohamed Jameel Hasanain who is the first Middle Eastern Artist to draw under sea water. His aim is to draw attention to preserve sea life and the environment in general. The artist exhibited some of his artwork which he painted underwater, presented a short film and explained his technique.
In fashion and jewellery design guests had a chance to see some of best designs made by Fajoua Al Achrafi and Saima Kiran.
Both the exhibition and the final award ceremony took place at the Millennium Gloucester hotel, 4-18 Harrington Gardens, London SW7 4LH on Sunday 18 December 2016.
Dr Shawkat Spahi, the Arabs Group current director and one of the founders for The Arabs Group opened the Award ceremony joined by some of high profile guests, judges, artists, Arab and British celebrities.
The show was attended by high profile individuals in the art, science, fashion and sports industry, famous designers, high profile judges in different specialities (inc Vienna, Florida State, Cambridge and Oxford Universities), diplomats, embassy staff, entrepreneurs and VIP Guests.
List of the invited guests, celebrities and performers included: Mary-louise Chandler, Natalie Moloney, Igor Outkine, Sarah Harrison, Angelina Kali, Melissa Adriana Parmer, Yulia Chaplina, Riyad Al kadi, Razan Kandi, Yulia Chaplina, Albulla Al Samer, and Mikel Malek.
List of the judges this year included inventor Dr Zaky Abdullatif Zaky (Hon. PhD), Dr Mahfoud Bourghida (PhD), inventor Jalal Alnakasah (The Libyan representative of the International Federation of Inventors’ Associations (IFIA), poet and journalist Ms Houeida Nassif and Ms Aya Khanji (MSC NLP Academy) and Ms Wissal Elmezouri as independent supervisor.
You can have a more comprehensive look at The Arabs Group previous awards here (This is the largest page of its kind around the world)
If you are Arab, of Arab origin or even if you are not Arab but lives in an Arabic country or speak Arabic and like to be considered for The Arabs Group Award (Best Arab in the World in your speciality) you can contact The Arabs Group on: