No fashionable wardrobe is complete without some statement accessories. This winter takes your wardrobe to the next level by adding some cutting-edge pieces. Below are the main trends that will be trickling their way down from the runways.
1. Animal Print Is Back With A Twist
This winter animal prints such as leopard, tiger, and snake are exploding. Expect to see printed accessories everywhere, from leopard booties to printed bags. Mix it up and wrap yourself in a snake print scarf and coordinate it with your leopard bag for an eclectic outfit. Keep the rest of your outfit monochrome or neutral when you first try out animal print accessories.
2. Supersize Your Earrings
During fashion week, huge, dramatic earrings were seen across the runways of brands like Saint Laurent, Loewe and Marni. It’s not just about traditional hoops anymore. Earrings are taking on a life of their own, with artistic designs and outlandish shapes. Keep the rest of your outfit simple and understated if you’re planning to rock the oversized earrings trend. There are a few ways to incorporate oversized earrings into your look.
- For work, tuck a crisp white shirt into a pair of black trousers and add a pop of colour with some bright statement earrings.
- Heading out to dinner? Add some interest to your little black dress by adding some metallic structural earrings.
- For a casual look add a pair of tasselled earrings to your outfit. Throw on a pair of jeans, t-shirt and sneakers and you’re ready for anything.
3. Chain It Up
Thick, chunky chains were used in necklaces and bracelets across the runways. Classic dresses were presented with tough, long chain necklaces to add some edge to the look. This season bracelets are chunkier than ever, stack them up for that gladiator look; try to select different thicknesses to add some interest.Bring your fashion style to the next level and find your jewellery statement pieces at discount prices using the ‘WELCOME10’ Skinnydip discount code, which provides you with an extra 10% off your first order!
4. Take Your Handbag To The Next Level
Don’t worry if you’ve already invested in a waist bag last season, they’re still on trend this winter. They’ve developed from the once comical fanny pack that was only useful for travellers and runners, to a chic and sophisticated waist bagthat’s being worn by celebrities and influencers.
Necklace bags were seen on the Marc Jacobs and Giambattista Valli Runways. This trend is fashion-forward and probably not for everyone, but give it go with a miniature version of the necklace bag. It’s a convenient way to carry your lipstick and phone on a night out.
5. More Is More
This winter when it comes to bags more is more. Logos are at the forefront, this time they’re bold and unapologetic. Major brands like Fendi and Gucci have gone logo-crazy and splashed their bags with their signature emblems.
Jewel encrusted bags are back with a vengeance. This winter is less about embroidery and more about sparkly, shiny and bedazzled bags. This trend is ideal for adding a wow-factor to your outfit.
- For a night out with your friends, throw on a leather jacket, midi-dress and chunky heels, your jewelled bag will be the main focus, so keep the jewellery to a minimum.
- If you’re going on holiday to escape the cold, then pack your sparkly bag with your sandals and swimsuit for the ultimate poolside look.
- Dress down your bag with boyfriend jeans and a sleek black turtleneck to keep out the cold.
6. Boots Are Back
Classic winter staples such as cowboy and combat boots are back, so it’s worth investing in a quality pair. For something, a little different try a pair of brightly coloured boots. Salmon, yellow and purple boots of different lengths will add some life to your winter wardrobe. It’s so tempting to dress in head-to-toe black in the winter, so this trend is an easy way to add a pop of colour. Add a staple mac and some on-trend leather gloves for a head-turning look.
From chains to miniature bags, make this winter a stylish one! Accessories can make or break any outfit so take some notes and rock this season’s biggest trends.