- BFree has created the world’s first anti-ageing sandwich recipe, packed with healthy ingredients known to help combat the signs of ageing (including sweet potato and spinach, to sun dried tomatoes and black olives)
- The youth enhancing sandwich has been created by Julie Montagu, health and wellness expert and The Future Countess of Sandwich, to address the nation’s obsession with looking and feeling younger
- The ‘Roll Back The Clock’ is one in a range of new health and wellness sandwiches, including the B.L.T (beautiful, long, tresses) created to improve the condition of the hair and scalp, dispelling the myth that sandwiches are unhealthy
- The range of health and wellness sandwiches are available at The Sandwich Spa from 14th-16th London, but have been designed to be easily recreated at home
They say you are what you eat – which couldn’t be truer in the case of a unique new lunchtime craze – a range of health and wellness sandwiches from BFree Foods, including the world’s first anti-ageing sandwich.
The anti-ageing sandwich (called ‘Roll Back The Clock’), created to feed the nation’s obsession with looking and feeling younger, only uses ingredients that can help combat the signs of ageing. These include a gluten and wheat-free BFree Multigrain Wrap (containing a combination of buckwheat and amaranth, both of which support cell repair and combat wrinkles), spinach (the richest vegetable source of antioxidants, known to slow the ageing process), sweet potatoes (loaded with beta-carotene, which helps to prevent the damage caused by free radicals, which age cells over time) and sun-dried tomatoes (bursting with lycopene, that can strengthen the skin by preventing the breakdown of collagen).
The range of new health and wellness sandwiches have been created by health and wellness expert, TV personality and future Countess of Sandwich, Julie Montagu, to contribute to beautiful skin, hair and improved mood, dispelling the myth that sandwiches have to be unhealthy.
For example, also on the menu is the B.L.T (that’s Beautiful Long Tresses): a wrap for improving the lustre of your locks. It is made with a BFree Sweet Potato Wrap (with the sweet potato a source of beta-carotene to support and nourish the cells in your scalp) as the base with the filling comprising of tofu, which helps restore keratin levels in the body and is know to boost the appearance of hair, as well as walnuts, which help strengthen hair follicles. The B.L.T will be served to customers as they enjoy a stimulating scalp massage.
These new sandwiches will be on offer from 14th-16th of March at The Sandwich Spa, the only place in the UK where people can choose from the brand new menu concept offering sandwiches paired and served with beauty and wellbeing treatments. So, whilst you tuck into your delicious ‘Roll Back The Clock’ you’ll also enjoy a complementing vitamin C rich facial, designed to boost collagen and give you a fresh, youthful glow.
The recipes will also be made available to the wider public via BFree’s Facebook page, so they can be easily created at home. All of the ingredients have been chosen due to their wide availability and each recipe created with time and simplicity in mind, so anyone can have a little wellness boost at lunchtime and avoid the post-lunch slump.
THE FULL SANDWICH SPA MENU:
- Roll Back the Clock, the anti-ageing wrap – served with a collagen boosting and revitalising facial
BFree Multigrain Wrap, sweet potato, romaine lettuce, red onion, spinach, yellow pepper, black olives, sundried tomatoes, sesame seeds and olive oil
- Mindfulness Bites, a mood-enhancing sandwich – served with a session of mindfulness using uplifting and mood enhancing scents
BFree Oaty Loaf, avocado, smoked salmon, beetroot, cashew nuts, lemon, salt and pepper
- B.L.T (Beautiful, Long, Tresses), a wrap with hair conditioning and strengthening properties – served with a scalp boosting, antioxidant oil loaded head massage
Bfree Sweet Potato Wraps, grilled tofu, walnuts, boiled egg, carrot, avocado, spinach
- A Slice of Energy, an energy-boosting meal – served with a comforting and anxiety easing neck, shoulder and back massage
BFree Quinoa and Chia Seed Wrap, hummus, radishes, red pepper, asparagus, feta cheese, quinoa
- Good Gut Club, a bloat-preventing pitta pocket – served with a skin conditioning and inflammation reducing full body wrap
BFree Pitta Pockets, brown rice, black beans, coriander, red chilli, tomato, green olives, broccoli, chia seeds
BFree ambassador, Julie Montagu, commented on the launch: “My day-to-day job as a yoga and nutrition teacher means I encounter so many people with wellness concerns relating to how they look and feel. My one piece of advice is always: you are what you eat. That’s why I created this special Sandwich Treatment menu, devising recipes that can feed us from the inside, out. Of course, the anti-ageing sandwich won’t instantly take away the years overnight but when eaten as part a healthy lifestyle, the ingredients will certainly help to improve the overall look and feel of the skin.
Montagu continued: “BFree is not only a great option for me, as the products are wheat and gluten-free, but they’re also perfect for people looking to follow a healthy lifestyle as they are packed with very high-quality ingredients like chia seeds, quinoa and sweet potatoes, all of which have a proven beneficial effect on overall wellness.”
Alex Murphy, CEO at BFree Foods, commented: “We believe that healthiness equals happiness and freedom and that how you look and feel and what you eat, go hand in hand. There is a trend in the UK right now for people being mindful of what they’re eating and choosing ingredients with maximum functional benefits, as Brits take more of an interest in what they’re putting in their mouths and what this means for their wider lifestyles. The Sandwich Spa is a place where people can really explore the way that food plays a role in beauty, body and mind”.
The Sandwich Spa is open from 14th-16th March at Pall Mall Galleria, Unit 30, Royal Opera Arcade, 5b Pall Mall, London SW1Y 4UY, from 10am – 3pm. All of the sandwiches and complementary treatments are completely free.
BFree aims to make a healthier life easier by providing a fantastic alternative to everyday baked goods, packed with quality ingredients that people can trust, and that are suitable for the whole family.
The range is free from wheat and gluten as well as 16 EU allergens. They are also suitable for vegans and high in fibre, low in fat and reduced sugar.
All BFree products featured at The Sandwich Spa are available at Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores nationwide.