Graduate Fashion Week Invites Over 40 International Universities to Showcase Their Best Talent During the World’s Largest Undergraduate Event
From Italy to India, the International show gives an insight into the creative and technical skills of graduates from all over the globe. Launched six years ago by International Trustee Adrien Yakimov Robert, only four universities from around the world participated in the international element of Graduate Fashion Week, however, in recent years, this has risen to 40 universities, all offering expectational talent.
This year, the International aspect of the week will be represented in the International Exhibition as well as the International Fashion Award Show, for the first time.
Running over the course of the event, stunning work created by graduates from around the world will be on show on mannequins and iPads for visitors to browse and get up close to. Showstopping, intricate collections designed by students from six of the International universities; Accademia Della Moda IUAD, College for Creative Studies, Centro, Istituto Europeo di Design – IED Moda Milano, Pearl Academy and Accademia Costume & Moda, will be on display to give an insight into the creative and technical skills of graduates from all over the globe.
Inspiring future graduates and designers, International trustee Adrien Yakimov Roberts’ university Accademia Costume and Moda will also be running live embroidery demonstrations on the stand throughout the event.
In addition to the exhibition, the International Fashion Award Catwalk Show sponsored by Gap Inc. invites all 40 fashion institutes to enter their best and most innovative student for the opportunity to present their collection at Graduate Fashion Week on 5th June at 11am. Universities showcasing their gifted graduates include Bejing Institute of Fashion Technology, Amsterdam Fashion Institute, Istituto Marangoni Paris and Ryerson University.
The winner of this award will be announced during the Gala Award Show that same evening, and will receive a prize of £1,000, alongside the opportunity to showcase for free at London Fashion Week SS20 under Fashion Scout. The judges of this sort after award include Deborah Joseph; Editor in Chief at Glamour, Victoria McGrath; Founder and Editor of In The Frow, Queennie Yang; Editor – Asia of Vogue International and Graduate Fashion Week Trustee Elinor Renfrew of Kingston University.
New for this year, Crisden, the fashion luxury accessories and artefact company who create for the top Italian and French fashion houses and brands, are supporting the new innovation award for 2019. The Graduate Fashion Week jury will identify three winners each to receive the International Artefact Awards from Crisden in the following areas of innovation; Fashion Product Design, Concept and Materials & Embellishment, with each winner being presented with €500.
The purpose of this new award is to highlight the importance of fashion accessories and artefacts, and to promote the institutes and graduates that contribute to the research and development of not only shoes and bags, but the wider perspective of this exciting area of international fashion.
Below are the 40 universities who will be showing on the GFW catwalk:
- Accademia della Moda IUAD
- AMD Akademie Mode & Design
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute
- Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology
- Bunka Fashion College
- Chongqing University of Education
- Colegiatura Colombiana
- College of Fashion and Design, Donghua University
- Design School ArtFuture
- Fu Jen Catholic University
- Hochschule Pforzheim / Fakultät für Gestaltung
- IED Moda Milano
- Integra Escuela Pablo Giménez
- Istituto Marangoni Milano
- Istituto Marangoni Paris
- LASALLE College of the Arts
- LimitedLimerick School of Art and Design, Limerick Institute of Technology
- LISAA L’INSTITUT SUPÉRIEUR DES ARTS APPLIQUÉS
- Marronnier College of Fashion Design
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- Osaka Institute of Fashion
- Pearl Academy
- Raffles Design Institute (Guangzhou)
- Raffles Design Institute (Hong Kong)
- Raffles University (Iskandar)
- Ryerson University
- Savannah College of Art and Design Atlanta
- Savannah College of Art and Design Hong Kong
- Savannah College of Art and Design Savannah
- Shih Chein University
- Sichuan Fine Art Institute
- Sino-Japanese Joint Program, Donghua University
- St Petersburg State University of Industrial Technologies & Design
- Vigo University