Fans attending the IAAF World Championships London 2017 over the next ten days will be able to enjoy the events very own ‘Hero Village’ – the dedicated fan zone for the Summer of World Athletics.
Hero Village will be the dedicated area for sponsorship activation and spectator engagement, and fans can pay a visit by dropping in on the zone situated on the South Park Lawn next to the London Stadium and near the Orbit.
Open every day of the Championships to ticket and non-ticket holders from 4-13 August, a Village resident DJ will be keeping the crowd entertained alongside the various innovations on offer for all ages to try. These include:
- TDK is the men’s bib partner and will also present the ‘World Record Programme’ awarding all male athletes who set world records at the Championships. They are looking for fans to take part in their 9.58-second challenge at their stand.
- Visitors to the Toyota stand will be able to get an exciting glimpse at the new Toyota Yaris GRMN as well as the Toyota C-HR and recently launched Toyota Prius Plug-in. Inside the stand, visitors can see the hydrogen powered Toyota Mirai fuel cell vehicle, which only emits water and is the lead vehicle for the marathons. A possible glimpse of the future will also be shown with the exciting electric powered i-Road and I-Tril concept mobility vehicles.
Fans can test their driving skills with the Toyota GT86 full size motion simulator game as well as their coordination skills with the Toyota Gazoo Racing Reaction game, which is used as a training tool used by the drivers of the 200 mph+ TS050 LMP1 cars in the World Endurance Championship.
- ASICS are the Championships’ official sportswear brand, supplying officials and volunteers with the distinctive footwear and apparel. At the ASICS stand,visitors will be able to immerse themselves in the history of track and field as they walk through a tunnel showcasing the vintage shoes and kit from over the years.
- Seiko will be selling a special limited-edition IAAF World Championships watch and mini-timers. In addition, spectators can test their timing skills in a stop watch challenge.
- On the Toyo stand spectators can learn the science behind the high jump and then accept the challenge to see how far they can long jump. There will also be a cyclone ball grab competition.
- Müller will have activities for the whole family to try, from giving long jump a go tothe plank challengeand having the option to get a special Championship photo on the podium.
- NationalSupplierStrathmore will give fans the chance to be super-imposed onto an athletics track to share on digital platforms with friends and family while Jordans will be sampling their cereal bars for everyone in the Village.
Among the items available to purchase in Hero Village are the not-to-be-missed official mascot plush Hero the Hedgehogs, which will be available at all merchandise tents.
The IAAF World Championships London 2017 (04-13 August) will see 2,000 athletes from 200 countries compete in London Stadium.Hero Village will be open every day throughout the Championships from 09:00 on days with morning sessions (5/6/11 and 12 August) and from 15:00 on evening session days (4/7/8/9/10 and 13 August).