Lockdown just got a whole lot more entertaining with Lola’s In Your Lounge. Soulful singers, bold burlesque and marvellous magic come straight to your sofa courtesy of Lola’s – the cabaret bar at London’s landmark venue, The Hippodrome. Pour yourself a quarantine and get ready for live performances, workshops, skill shares and much, much more.
Hosted live on The Hippodrome’s IGTV(@hippodromecasino) and Facebook Live (www.facebook.com/TheHippodromeCasino/) at 9pm every Wednesday and Saturday throughout lockdown, the series will feature a plethora of Lola’s talented roster of performers. Helping you to #StayHome in style, live shows will be streamed – bringing Lola’s straight to your lounge – while behind the scenes style talks, workshops and ‘how to’ demos will help you brush up your burlesque and kick start your cabaret.
The series kicks off in style this Saturday, 11th Aprilwith singing sensation and Lola’s regular, Beverley Stone (@beverley.stone_singer). One of the leading vocalists in Lola’s’ much-loved Hollywood show, Beverley will perform a curated list of iconic hits from the silver screen. Requests are encouraged, so enjoy with a cocktail or join in from home – sing like nobody’s watching!
Viewers can also look forward to…
- Wednesday, 15th April – a brief history of burlesque with Tempest Rose(@hobtempestrose)
- Saturday, 18th April – all the hits from the world of big band swing with Shane Hampsheir(@shane_hampsheir_singer) and Crystall Cimaglia (@crystalcimaglia)
- Wednesday, 22nd April – shine like a showgirl: master the magic of the false eyelash and glitter lips with Trixie Kixx (@trixiekixx)
- Saturday, 25th April – close up and cabaret magic with Lee Hathaway, member of the Inner Magic Circle
- Wednesday, 29th April – Bootsy Bakes! Learn how to make the perfect vegan scone with Bootsy Bonafonte (@bootsybonafonte)
- Saturday, 2nd May – comedy and magic show from Christian Lee (@christianleemagic), Britain’s Got Talent finalist and Inner Magic Circle member
- Saturday, 6th May – creating perfect vintage hair: Victory Rolls with Bettsie Bon Bon(@bettsiebonbon)
The sessions are free to join and open to over 18’s. Just make sure you are following @hippodromecasino so you don’t miss out on the fun!