- The ‘TABASCO Global Kitchen’ will open its doors for one night, on Friday 11 May 2018 from 7-11 pm in a private location in East London, to celebrate the 150thanniversary of TABASCO® Sauce.
- The night market-style event will bring together talent from London’s diverse kitchens + bars to show how TABASCO® Sauce has flavoured the world’s favourite foods + drinks since 1868.
- The chef line up includes: Andrew Clarke, AngloThai, Breddos Tacos, Bubbledogs, Gunpowder, Jinjuu, Nonna’s Gelato, Oyster Boy, Rocks Oyster Grill, Salon, Shaun Whitmore, Smokestak, The Vurger Co and more!
- First-time food collaborations including Smokestak X Breddos Tacos and Andrew Clarke X Shaun Whitmore (Chef Director of Brunswick House and Head Chef at Berber & Q Grill House, respectively) will serve up mouthwatering mash-ups blending backgrounds and cooking styles.
- Members of the McIlhenny family, who still make TABASCO® Sauce a century and a half after its creation, will also be in attendance with an experience transporting guests to Avery Island, Louisiana – where the iconic pepper sauce is produced.
- The party is private, but TABASCO® Brand is releasing 150 tickets to the public to celebrate with fans.
Inspired by the universally popular bustling food halls and night markets, the makers of TABASCO® Sauce will open the doors to the ‘TABASCO® Global Kitchen’ for one-night only on 11 May in a private location in East London.
The party with its incredible food + drinks talent, will show how the famous sauce has come to be a vibrant and versatile part of food culture, and a flavourful addition to countless dishes and drinks.
The menu is one your taste buds won’t want to miss as classics as well as other popular ways people enjoy TABASCO® Sauce around the world will be served up. On tap is everything from grilled oysters to avocado ice cream, Korean fried chicken to vegan burgers and, of course, there will be Bloody Marys. Manning the kitchens will be, Andrew Clarke, AngloThai, Breddos Tacos, Bubbledogs, Gunpowder, Jinjuu, Nonna’s Gelato, Oyster Boy, Rocks Oyster Grill, Salon, Shaun Whitmore, Smokestack, The Vurger Co and more!
First-time food collaborations will also be unveiled. BBQ and tacos have made headlines of late, and for this party, smoking hot BBQ street food restaurant Smokestack and taqueria Breddos Tacos have joined forces to create a mash-up dish born out of their unique culinary styles.
And with both Middle Eastern and Japanese flavours currently on fire, watch as head chef Shaun Whitmore of Berber + Q Grill House goes head-to-head with Andrew Clarke, the Chef Director of Brunswick House and Chef Patron of St Leonard’s. They’ll be cooking up their own takes on flavourful skewers over live fire. Both reputed for their serious BBQ skills, Andrew will be serving up Japanese kushiyaki, and Shaun a Middle-Eastern mangal. Which will you prefer?
On hand will be members of the McIlhenny family who are bringing over some tabasco pepper mash from the barrel aging warehouse on the brand’s home turf. Attendees can also tour Avery Island, Louisiana – the home of TABASCO® Sauce – and journey from pepper to plate with a 360-degree video experience.
Tony Simmons, McIlhenny Company President and CEO + fifth generation family member said: “My great, great grandfather Edmund McIlhenny probably never imagined that 150 years later his pepper sauce would be sold in more than 195 countries and territories and labelled in 25 languages and dialects. This party is to say thank you to many of the people that have made TABASCO® Sauce the favourite of food lovers of yesterday, today and tomorrow.”
30 exclusive tickets will be released every Friday at 10 am from Friday 13th April until the event itself on Friday 11th May. Lucky foodies and fans of TABASCO® Sauce can get their hands on one of the golden tickets by visiting the ‘TABASCO Global Kitchen’ event page. It’s first to come, first served and space is limited to only 150 spots. Tickets are priced at £20 with all ticketed proceeds donated to Magic Breakfast, a charity that ensures that no child is too hungry to learn through the provision of healthy breakfast food and expert support to schools.
To learn more about the brand’s 150th anniversary and discover dishes and drinks from around the world visit TABASCO.com or follow the conversation on social media with #TABASCO150.