We spend about a third of our lives at work, so it’s important that work is an activity we get joy from – something that challenges and fulfils us – not something we do begrudgingly to ‘pay the bills’.
Top London Life Coach, Carole Ann Rice reveals 5 signs you’re in the wrong job.
- The Moment You Wake Up, You Feel Dread – your subconscious mind knows exactly what you need and value when it comes to your work, even if you don’t realise those needs consciously; If you go in the opposite direction to what is most important to you, then you will always feel bad. Listen to your gut and let it guide you.
- You Imagine Negative Outcomes – it is common to imagine negative outcomes, however, when you are in the “wrong” job, your mind will be filled with negative eventualities all day long; it’s reflecting how you deeply feel.
- No progression – when we are in the wrong job, no matter how good it looks to the outside world, you will feel like you are not progressing, or that you can’t progress. Growth is a psychological need and if you are in the wrong job, you won’t feel positive sustainable growth in your day to day activities.
- You detach – you may go to work, but if you are in the wrong job, you will find yourself withdrawing in some way; Unhappy professionals in the wrong job, stop themselves from investing 100%.
- Negative attitudes – we express ourselves negatively when we are not up to speed with what makes us happy and fulfilled. We spend half of our lives at work so it’s important that we discover what makes us happy and how to make it a reality.