Russian Film Week has today announced its new fully online programme. The digital event will run from 6th December to 13th December, presenting 8 feature films, 2 documentaries and 17 shorts. The RFW will provide live co-watching events using cutting edge technology and allowing a mix of a live film screening, Q&As and film discussions, bringing you a virtual cinema experience.
“in the last four years, Russian Film Week has made it into the top five of the United Kingdom’s biggest nationally focused film festivals. Despite the global pandemic, it was important for us to hold the festival this year. I am delighted to present – Russian Film Week Online Edition. I am especially pleased to have the opportunity to expand our festival to new audiences outside of the UK, building cross-cultural bridges between Russia and the rest of the world,” said Filip Perkon, Founder and General Producer of Russian Film Week.
The festival will be opened by the drama The Whaler Boy, followed by a Q&A with the director Feodor Yuriev and producer Alexey Uchitel. The closing film One Breath will be presented by film director Elena Khazanova. Both films will be shown at watchbeem.com in a co-watch formar, whilst the rest of the content is available on free VOD through the festival website.
Apart from the films, the festival offers a variety of masterclasses from renown European and Russian actor, filmmaker and producerDanila Kozlovsky and acclaimed writer Dmitry Glukhovsky.
On December 9, the RFW will host the Casting Bridge, an online event gathering actors, casting directors and filmmakers from Russia, Europe and the UK.
FEATURES (Director, Region Available):
- Kalashnikov (dir.K.Buslov), UK and Europe
- The Whaler Boy (dir. F.Yuriev), UK
- One Breath (dir. E.Khazanova), UK
- Tsoy (dir.A.Uchitel), UK
- Ice 2 (dir. Z.Kryzhovnikov),UK
- Seven Wishes (dir. D. Charusha), UK and Europe
- Hotel Belgrade (dir. K. Statskiy), UK
- Lethal Illusions (dir. O. Asadulin),UK
DOCS (Director, Region Available)
- From Kurils with Love (dir. Taylor Rees), All world
- Brain. Evolution (dir.Y.Kiseleva), UK
SHORTS (Director, Region Available)
- Soup (dir. I. Sukhorukova), UK
- The Gift (dir. R. Kudoyarov), UK and Europe
- Friends (dir. T. Ivashkina), UK
- Stream (dir. A. Dianova), UK
- The Right to Life (dir. O. Koleva), UK and Europe
- 16/8 (dir. Sasha Paracels) / 16/8, UK and Europe
- Thank you, Coach! (dir. N. Tarasov), UK and Europe
- Meshes (dir. N. Sadokov), UK and Europe
- It’s Said (dir. N. Jakovleva), UK
- The Important Day (dir. Olesia Aleinikova), UK
- Sulphur (dir. Lana Vlady), UK
- Thank you! (dir. Maria Shulgina), UK and Europe
- Talent (dir. O. Ageychev), UK and Europe
- The Robbers Losers (dir. A. Bulatov),UK
- It doesn’t matter (dir. Revaz Gigineishvili),UK and Europe
- Nuartier (dir. E. Scherbakova), Worldwide
- The Witch & the Baby (dir. E. Golubeva), UK