Business and family don’t have to be an either/or choice. Although sometimes challenging, balancing both is simply a question of efficiency, and can lead to rewarding results in both your professional and personal lives.
Mama Got This is an all-female collective for like-minded business owners; a community of ladies who support each other, empower each other and celebrate every woman’s success. Today, they’re sharing some of their top tips for balancing work and family!
- Time block everything! – business & personal life should be separate. It means you can be fully present when you are at work or with your family because you are not worrying about the other element. This will also help to increase your productivity and concentration – a win-win.
- Keep your family in the loop with your business – it’s good to have people to talk to about your worries, dreams, and frustrations. They’ll also appreciate being in the know with regard to what is keeping you busy and will be more understanding of when you have to work.
- Plan ahead – don’t take too much on. Start easy and work your way up to a level that you’ve proven you can handle. If you are balancing being a mum and running a business, you only have a limited amount of time – know how much of your time you can dedicate to your business.
- Don’t feel guilty for working – remember that you’re a working woman who’s supporting your family through your business and, frankly, that’s pretty amazing. Being a mum is hard enough – adding a business into the mix only makes you more impressive.
- Don’t feel guilty for having down time – everyone needs a bit of down time to avoid feeling burnt out. Don’t let yourself get to a point where you’re overwhelmed because you feel guilty about taking a break. That won’t help your business, won’t help your family and, most importantly, it won’t help you!
This piece was brought to you by mamagotthis.co.uk