‘New year, new me’ is a phrase that we get flooded by when the calendar changes over. But often, the resolutions that people try oh so hard to achieve are unrealistic and unattainable, ultimately setting themselves up for failure.
Men’s personal development consultant, Kenny Mammarella-D’Cruz aims to get to the heart of any man’s issues, whether it be with discovering who they truly are or with the inevitable mid-life crisis. Kenny employs unique tools to empower men, allowing them to transform their lives. With that in mind, Kenny is offering up 5 tips to be a new man this New Year:
- Be authentic – no one likes a fake – you need to be authentic and open with yourself and other people. Show emotion, be engaged and take an interest in those around you. Mutton dressed as lamb is never a good look, people will see through your fake identity straight away.
- Look after yourself – your mind and your body are your greatest assets, so look after them. Eating well, taking regular exercise, getting enough sleep and being active will have untold benefits on your body and self-confidence. A confident man is an attractive man; who doesn’t want to be that?
- Be organised – being organized and efficient will free up the time to focus on yourself and pursue your passions. Too many men get bogged down by a loud and busy lifestyle. In order to ensure that you are giving yourself time to focus on what you want to achieve this year, list your priorities, create a structure and create space to allow your success. List your outcomes and work backwards so you can take your first steps.
- Find the root of your issues – in order to be the best man you can be, you need to find the root of what is preventing you from achieving your goals. What part of you is controlling your body? Is it the scared teenager that was bullied in secondary school? Maybe it’s the authoritarian controller that you are at work? Find out what is holding you back – ask for trusted feedback.
- Get help – finding the root of your problems is the vital first step, learning how to conquer them is your ticket to freedom. Voice dialogue sessions will reveal the parts of your personality that restrict you and enable the powerful man in you to step up and take the lead in the new year. Real men aren’t afraid to ask for help, but ask wisely.