Seven day celebration of style features star names including Stephen Jones OBE, Stuart Weitzman, Colin McDowell MBE, Pat Cleveland and more
Cunard has announced a star line up for its fourth annual Transatlantic Fashion Week, to take place 28 July – 4 August on board the iconic luxury ocean liner Queen Mary 2. Headline names include royal milliner, Stephen Jones OBE, alongside fashion greats including Stuart Weitzman, Colin McDowell MBE, Pat Cleveland, Lindy Woodhead and Rosemarie Bravo CBE.
Attended by an incredible mix of the fashion industry’s leading designers, editors, models and the UK’s top emerging fashion graduates, Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week will play host to runway shows, talks, exhibitions, in-store events, book signings and film screenings.
Headlining 2019’s event, British milliner Stephen Jones OBE is considered one of the world’s most influential milliners of the late 20th and early 21st centuries. Described by Vogue as the ‘go-to man when it comes to making headline hats’, he has worked with everyone from Diana, Princess of Wales to Mick Jagger and fashion greats including Vivienne Westwood. Stephen will be on board to showcase some of his most memorable pieces in two runway shows and participate in a Q&A session on his career so far.
Stephen Jones OBE commented, “I am delighted to be involved in Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week next summer, showing my hats on the most majestic ship in the world. I look forward to sharing my insights, tips and future trends to look out for, with my fellow shipmates on board”.
Cunard will also be partnering with the Graduate Fashion Foundation, a world leading charitable organisation which presents Graduate Fashion Week annually to celebrate the creativity of students and graduates within fashion. Previous winners of The Graduate Fashion Week awards include Stella McCartney and Christopher Bailey.
Six graduates, selected by the Graduate Fashion Foundation and Colin McDowell MBE will have the opportunity to showcase pieces from their graduate collections via a stunning runway show during the week at sea.
Other leading names taking part during next year’s Transatlantic Fashion Week include:
- Stuart Weitzman: Stuart, an American shoe designer, entrepreneur and founder of his apoymous shoe company, Stuart Weitzman has designed footwear for British royalty, Beyoncé and Taylor Swift. Weitzman will delight guests with a display of his red carpet shoes, participate in a Q&A hosted by Michael Atmore and give guests an inspirational talk on his career.
- Pat Cleveland: Pat, is an American fashion model who initially attained success in the 1960s and 1970s and was one of the first African-American models within the fashion industry to achieve prominence as a fabulous runway and print model. Pat will be participating in a Q&A to talk about her five decades in fashion.
- Colin McDowell MBE: The highly respected fashion historian and style commentator, returns for the fourth time and will host interactive talks and workshops.
- Lindy Woodhead: Lindy, who worked in international fashion for over twenty-five years, is the author of War Paint and Mr Selfridge. She will be giving a talk on her career, participating in a Q&A and doing book signings.
- Rosemarie Bravo CBE: During her career, Rosemarie has occupied leadership positions in several major fashion businesses and is now vice chairman at Burberry, of which she was CEO from 1997 to 2005. During this time she signed top model Kate Moss and recruited the designer Christopher Bailey in 2001. Rosemarie will be participating in a Q&A.
- Stanley Tucker: With over forty years experience in the luxury menswear business, Stanley joined Burberry in 1997 as Senior Vice President of Menswear Worldwide. During this time he was instrumental in developing the menswear business . In addition to a Q&A covering his career, Stanley will also host a men’s styling workshop.
- Gail Sackloff OBE: International Fashion Consultant Gail, will return for a forth year to co-curate Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week with Colin McDowell MBE.
- STORM model agency: One of London’s revolutionary modeling agencies, STORM will also be returning to Transatlantic Fashion Week introducing new faces and established names.
Angus Struthers, VP Marketing and Sales (UK) Cunard, comments: “Transatlantic Fashion Week is a truly unique experience that goes from strength to strength, and our line up this year is exceptional. Alongside the talks, shows, exhibitions and workshop sessions from a who’s who of the fashion world, I am delighted that our guests will also have the chance to meet with all our featured fashion influencers . When you then add in the backdrop of the world’s only ocean liner, Queen Mary 2, as she sails across the Atlantic, you have lifelong memories in the making – such a unique opportunity within the stunning setting offered by Queen Mary 2.”