Your wedding day is arguably one of the most important days of your life, and the pressure is on to look your best. Dr Ejikeme, Medical Director at Adonia Medical Clinic believes that achieving glowing, radiant skin on your big day starts up to 12 weeks before the main event.
Here Dr Ejikeme reveals her secrets for walking down the aisle with show-stopping skin:
- 12 Weeks before – chemical peel – revive your complexion with a deep acting skin peel. A skin peel works by exfoliating the outer layers of dead skin, revealing a new skin layer with improved tone, texture, and colour. It is an effective treatment for facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation.
- 6 Weeks before – vampire facial – the ‘vampire’ facial, made famous by Kim Kardashian uses your own plasma and platelets (the bodies building blocks for tissue regeneration and healing) to maintain a glowing, youthful complexion. PRP involves drawing a small amount your own blood. It is then spun at very high speed (centrifuged) to separate the blood into its constituent parts. The plasma and platelets are then removed from the solution and injected or rubbed into the scalp.
- 4 Weeks before – baby botox – refers to a small amount of botox delicately administrated for a soft, naturally youthful look – softening fine lines and wrinkles.
- 2 Weeks before – Facials – treat yourself to a series of facials (or one facial that combines all four such as the Adonia Ultimate Facial):
o Oxygen Therapy – one favoured by Victoria Beckham, this specialised beauty treatment is designed to replenish the levels of oxygen in your skin, smoothing out wrinkles and restoring a youthful appearance to your face.
o Hydrodermabrasion – used by Cameron Diaz, this non-abrasive exfoliation removes deep-seated dirt whilst hydrating the skin.
o Diamond Microdermabrasion – this treatment smoothens out skin irregularities and pigmentation. We only have to look at the super plump and dewy face of the user, Kate Beckinsale, to see the results.
o LED Therapy – favourited by Jessica Alba, this treatment involves an LED light mask that stimulates collagen, elastin and HA production, keeping the skin young. The mask includes a purified oxygen supply and a powerful solution is infused deep into the skin.
Collectively these facials: increase oxygenation, aid lymphatic drainage, brighten the complexion, minimise fine lines and wrinkles, skin is smoother, firmer and plump, evens out skin tone, increase hydration, soothe irritation and redness and stimulate blood circulation.
- On the day – sleep well, drink water and a minimal routine in the day (cleanse and moisturise), it’s the only day no SPF is allowed in my books, so your makeup looks flawless with the camera flash
Adonia Medical Clinic is a medical and aesthetic clinic based in Maida Vale that prides its self on offering the most advanced treatments in skincare and skin renewal in the world.
Dr Ejikeme is an NHS Medical Consultant and highly experienced Aesthetic Medicine Doctor with extensive global training in Medicine and Surgery.