Dancing is great for building confidence, improving mood and toning. Looking great in your dance class means you can enjoy it more and perform better! The look you wear to the gym or for a run should be different to the one you wear in your dance class – this is your chance to shine!
STRITCLY COME DANCING CHAMPION and DIRECTOR of KAREN HARDY DANCE STUDIOS – KAREN HARDY, shares her secrets on looking good with us:
- FLASH A SMILE – smiling is so important in looking good whilst dancing. Not only does it instantly improve the way you feel, it also makes you look happy and attractive. Unless you’re dancing to a sexy, moody Beyoncé number, make sure you’re sporting your best smile.
- DRESS WELL – the great thing about the dance world is that they know what looks good. Throwing on your favourite pair of dance leggings, a slogan t-shirt or if you’re brave enough, a colourful crop top, will show off your best assets. Feeling comfortable is important too – when you feel good, you look good.
- DANCE LIKE NO ONE’S WATCHING – dance classes can be daunting if you’ve never been before, as you might feel like others are judging you. The only way to really let go and look amazing is to pretend like no one is watching! When you’re in your own world, you lose all inhibitions – that’s the great thing about dance.
- DON’T LOOK DOWN – looking amazing doesn’t involve staring down at your feet! As awkward as you may feel, maintaining eye contact with your (imaginary) audience will make you look great. Giving away how you’re feeling whilst dancing isn’t an option – it’s all about immersing yourself in the music.
- KEEP YOUR COOL – if you make a mistake in the steps, don’t make it obvious! Professional dancers make mistakes all the time, but you’d never know because they cover it really well. If you slip up, just carry on dancing and no one will notice.