- Thrill-seekers and adrenaline junkies will travel at speeds of up to 120kph to 150kph at a height of 1,680 metres above sea level on top of Jebel Jais mountain
- World’s longest zip-line – with a cable weighing in at over six tons now open to the public to take the heart-pumping flight
- Multi-million dollar tourism project in Ras al Khaimah flies into record books as zip line launches
Thrill-seekers get ready: the longest zip-line in the world – ‘The Jebel Jais Flight’ – has officially opened today on top of the UAE’s highest mountain, Jebel Jais in Ras Al Khaimah.
Guinness World Records confirmed the length of the Jebel Jais zip-line at 2.8 kilometers – the equivalent to over 28 soccer fields – which beats the previous 2.2km world record in Puerto Rico by a full 600 meters of extra heart-pumping adrenaline.
The world’s leading zip-line operator, Toro Verde in partnership with Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA) spent over four months building the world’s longest zipline, which is located at more than 1,680 meters above sea-level and with a cable that weighs in at over six tons.
Thrill-seekers will be suspended above the mountain as they prepare to take the flight headfirst in a ‘superman’ style position. Friends and family will travel on parallel cables at top speeds of up to 120kph to 150kph on this extreme adventure experience set in the rugged rocky mountain terrain.
The experience will see participants fitted with a special suit and equipment for the adventure, with the longest flight itself taking approximately two to three minutes… Once completed, guests will finish the bucket list flight on a suspended landing platform where they will be transferred to a second line, measuring in at one km, to complete their journey back to the ground. The zipline will be able to accommodate 200 people a day (100,000 per year).
A tribute to the UAE’s advancing tourism industry, the launch of the zip line has propelled the UAE’s emirate of Ras Al Khaimah into the major leagues of global adventure tourism. The zip-line will become Ras Al Khaimah’s flagship tourism product and will cement Jebel Jais as the adventure tourism hub of the Middle East.
- The exact length of the record-breaking zipline ‘Jebel Jais Flight’ is 2830 meters
- The launching platform is secured by 18 anchors with a total weight of 1,000 tons, this is equal to 2,250 camels
- There are 8 anchors securing the suspended platform
- The altitude difference between the launching and landing platform is 400m, which is equal to 4 times the height of the Big Ben in London
- The average speed is 120 kph during the flight. This is equal to the maximum speed of a cheetah, the fastest land animal
- Bookings are open on toroverdeuae.com