While going to far-flung destinations might feel like the adventure of a lifetime, a staycation in the UK can offer just as much excitement and beauty. A staycation in the UK has many benefits, such as avoiding the hassles of long airport queues and delayed flights. All you need to do is drive or travel by train, which makes for a stress-free journey. Here’s what to do on a staycation in the UK.
- Enjoy the Water SportsWater sports offer a fun-filled staycation getaway, especially if you’re with friends or family. Thankfully, the UK has many great places that are well-suited for water sports enthusiasts. Whether you want to try kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing, windsurfing, or surfing, these destinations will make for an action-packed staycation.When it comes to surfing, nothing beats Cornwall. As one of the world’s best-surfing destinations, it has numerous incredible beaches to ride the waves. South Devon is another fantastic place to try water sports. With scenic rivers, canals and over 100 miles of coastline, it offers water sports activities all year round. Meanwhile, Dorset’s fabulous coastline provides an incredible opportunity for water activities, from diving to sailing.
- Visit the Coast with FriendsEveryone loves a relaxing seaside holiday. If you and your friends are planning a staycation in the UK, consider visiting places by the coast. There’s nothing more relaxing than listening to the soothing sound of the waves while lounging by the seaside with friends.Devon is an ideal choice for a coastal holiday in the UK. Its coastline looks stunning, dotted with picture-perfect villages that are a joy to explore on foot. What’s more, there are ‘some large party houses to rent in Devon‘ perfect for those on a staycation with friends.
- Tackle the National PeaksAdventurous travellers craving thrill-seeking activities should tackle the National Peaks, the Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike, and Snowdon. These three are the highest mountains in Scotland, England, and Wales, and climbing to these peaks is a dream for many adventurers.
The Three Peaks Challenge is a popular trekking challenge that requires climbing all three mighty peaks, intending to conquer each in 24 hours, 48 hours, or three days. If you are into mountain climbing, conquering the Three Peaks Challenge is a must for your staycation in the UK.
- Find Relaxing ActivitiesIf you want a staycation to be about relaxation, you should choose relaxing activities. A wellness break is a great way to unwind and clear the mind. For instance, you can consider doing yoga. There are some incredible yoga holidays across the UK, perfect for those who want to relax and unwind. You can book yoga packages that include yoga classes in a stunning setting and have accommodation and healthy meals.Adventure Yogi
- Explore NatureThe UK boasts stunning national parks that offer opportunities to explore nature and enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and cycling. From the majestic lakes of the Lake District to the oldest national parks like the stunning Peak District, the UK has numerous natural parks that will have you racing for the woods!
Those who will staycation in Scotland will find plenty of opportunities to hike. Hiking in Scotland will take you through the most spectacular landscapes, from Orkney’s Old Man of Hoy to the Cairngorm National Park.