Maintaining healthy skin and fresh hair on the go isn’t easy, especially if your body is overtired or you’re suffering from jet lag. Summer provides us with endless opportunities when it comes to travel but there is one element which can put beauty and lovers into a stress: finding a way to pack all of the essentials and at the same time ensuring your suitcase isn’t too heavy and has room for your clothes!
For fellow beauty addicts, the thought of leaving behind your favourite lip balm or your matte blush can be stressful – so how can you take all of your necessities and still have space in your case?
Luckily for you, Amanda Von Dem Hagen, skin specialist at Glo Skin Beauty UK has shared her list of travel beauty hacks to ensure you are always one step ahead. Packing just got a whole lot easier.
- Dryer sheet
Even if your suitcase is packed full of freshly washed clothes, you will notice a certain smell attached to them after a long flight. The tip to prevent this is to layer a couple of lightly scented dryer sheets between your clothes which will keep them smelling fresh all the way ready for you to wear at your destination.
- Cotton pad saviour The nightmare is to get to your flight or destination and find that powder compact has broken into tiny little pieces – the worst. To prevent this from happening place a cotton pad in your blush or bronzer compact, you want enough cushioning so that you can close the compact safely with the pad inside.
- Contact cases Contact lenses cases make the best miniature travel container. Each pod is just enough for single use application if you don’t wish to take the full product with you. Hair oil, hand sanitizer, eye cream and toothpaste are great fillers. To ensure you remember what’s what you can colour code the pods with nail varnish!
- Go solid Avoid any messy spillages by swapping out for solid formulas whenever possible. When it comes to makeup remover you should look out for a solid balm formula as opposed to liquids, also opt for a bar of facial soap instead of cleanser. This will last you a lot longer and also be more skin friendly under the sun when mixed with SPF.
- Hair conditioner hero Hair conditioner is a genius product as its multi-tasking. By packing this you can leave the shaving cream at home, the same moisturising ingredients that hydrate the hair on your head can also soften the hair on any other area of your body.
- In flight facials This simple trick can be used when you’re in the air to ensure a refreshed and relaxed face when you land. Some sheet masks already come in little travel size pods so you can carry it in your hand luggage and apply as you would any other moisturiser and let it work its magic.
- Ready soaked pads Facial pads which are already soaked in key nourishing ingredients are perfect for inflight care. They are portable to carry in your bag and perfect to reduce any oily skin breakouts without carrying any extra products. The Clear Complexion Pads are infused with antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to treat congested skin leaving it calmer, shine free and more balanced.