The Stevie Awards for Women in Business honor the achievements of working women in more than 90 categories, including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Mentor or Coach of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award, Achievement in Equal Pay, Women Helping Women, Employee of the Year, Woman-Owned or -Run Company of the Year and Innovator of the Year. All female entrepreneurs, executives, employees, and the organizations they run, worldwide, are eligible to be nominated.
The early-bird entry deadline is July 17, the final entry deadline is August 21, and late entries will be accepted through September 18 with payment of a late fee. Finalists will be announced on October 2, and the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie winners will be revealed at a gala awards dinner at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York on November 15, 2019.
Most categories require the payment of an entry fee for the submission of a nomination, but several categories require no fee, including most of those honoring women in the non-profit and governmental sectors, Female Employee of the Year and the Startup of the Year categories.
New this year, instead of submitting an essay of up to 525 words, entrants may choose to submit a video of up to five minutes in length.
The 2018 Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflected a diverse group of large and small organizations around the globe. Winners included, among others:
- Ann Marie Dougherty, Executive Direction, Bob Woodruff Foundation, New York, NY USA
- Edna Kerubo, Country Commercial Manager, DHL Express Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya
- Ruth Gaviria, Chief Marketing Officer, Entercom, New York, NY USA
- Dee Hutchinson Talent Development Ltd, Mentor, Waterford, Ireland
- Chrissy Leontios, Principal Lawyer, CLEON Legal and Mediation Services, Townsville City, QLD, Australia
- Gold Earth Organics Pty Ltd, Peregian Springs, QLD, Australia
- Mattress Firm, Houston, TX USA
- Thomson Reuters, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Tick Tock Boom Digital Agency, Istanbul, Turkey
- PharmaLogics Recruiting, Quincy, MA USA
- EASTGOLD CO., LTD., New Taipei City, Taiwan
- Bon Choix Couture, Glendale, CA USA
- The Welsh Air Ambulance Charitable Trust, Llanelli, Wales
- Plan International Canada, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Ooredoo Oman, Muscat, Oman
The 2019 Stevie Awards for Women in Business will be judged by more than 200 leading professionals around the world, and nominees will have access to all the judges’ comments and suggestions about their nominations.